November 20, 2008

The Doc prescribed me a subscription to NPR articles

The doc said the prescription should help subside the fever. NPR always does make me feel better....

"I believe in improvising. It's exciting; it's an adventure, a challenge, and a chance to be creative. Not being locked into a "plan" or a prescribed way of doing something leaves room for all kinds of wonderful stuff to happen. You don't always have to follow the recipe. I always use more butter, eggs and garlic than a recipe calls for, and the only unfortunate change this brings about is in my size."
-Alice Brock in her essay "Making it up as I go along"

"...when I see all three of my kids laughing, when I think about how much less my life would have been if I had settled for what I thought I wanted, I realize I don't much care about the sensible things I once did. It's the ridiculous I love."
-Claude Knobler "Life is Wonderfully Ridiculous"

"I believe we have the power to create our own happiness. I believe the real magic in the world is done by humans. I believe normal life is extraordinary."
-Wayne Coyne in his essay "Creating our Own Happiness"

No comments: