December 23, 2008

holidays at home

I am home for the holidays. i flew back last week. I am no longer in florence and i don't know when I'll go back....but i know that sooner or later i will go back to Florence. that's what this blog is about: going back and forth between Boston and Florence. the new blog header is a tryptich of three horizons...Florence and the Boston skyline with a photo of me in Fiesole between the two cities. it is not a coincidence that i am gazing towards Florence. that's where my sights are set. that's where i hope to be. if not now, then in the future.

it's actually good to be home. Refeshing. I appreciate it more after being away. my house is very festive for the holidays. Glowing. I can sleep in and spend time with my family. And the beautiful snowstorm gave me a sort of peaceful feeling and despite the cold, it felt like a warm welcome. i feel grounded here and although im a bit more unproductive (my cozy house makes me lazy!!), i have set many goals, resolutions and challeges to reach. i'm starting a job search in january (despite the discouraging job market). this is why i decided to spend some time at home where i feel stable, protected and encouraged by my family to get things started. the more i'm away from florence, the more i'm desperate and motivated to get back there.

i can forsee that in 2009 there will be possibilities on the horizon. even if i stay in boston for a while, I always have my sights set on florence...

No comments: