December 5, 2008

why laptops make you lazy (but allow you to be productive)

i guess it would be incorrect to say that laziness is what made me sign up to be a Lingueo language tutor because while it doesn't necessarily mean you need to get off your chair, you do need some motivation (and free time) to register, make a profile then create the video classes for the language you want to teach. it's an online site for students and tutors to give video language lessons. it's relatively new from what i've gathered so there are only about a 100 tutors and 150 students from around the world who have signed up. as a tutor, i make a schedule of my hours in my time zone, my hourly wage linked to a paypal system and a series of video classes. it's sooo 21st century, isn't it?

i mean it's not that i was too lazy to go out and do face to face lessons, because I currently have one student that I meet with in person and on Skype, the problem is our generation has their face to the computer screen all day that Lingueo takes advantage of that. it's a really powerful tool for obvious reasons....now i can learn japanese with someone both from japan and in japan at the same time while I stay comfortably in front of my computer at home (in either of my homes in italy or the states*).

now i just have to figure out how to sign up as a student...and decide which language to take.

I'm thinking Japanese or Finnish....

*yes i do call Italy and the States home


No comments: