December 5, 2008

they don't call it the world wide WEB for nothing

I feel like spiderman. I'm spinning webs everyday in the digital world of cyberspace. I have a bazillion links between facebook, linkedin, picasa, blogs, email....everything cross-references everything else, have you noticed that? if you go to your facebook, you list like 10 links or pieces of information that you can ALSO find in five other different profiles. My blog tells you about my LinkedIn profile now (finally updated!) and my LinkedIn tells you about my blog. Don't worry if you don't know about my LinkedIn "professional" network profile, because you could either A.google my name or B. find the link on Facebook! I mean I feel like a real-estate agent just buying up property on the web. I'm getting my name out there which makes me feel some entitlement to all these pages dedicated to me. I've got the social page (facebook), the professional page (linkedin), the artistic page (picasa), the personal page (blogspot), the entrepreneur page (etsy).

Now that everyone else I know directly or indirectly through friends (facebook tells me i have 814 friends*, linkedin tells me i have 11 connections, my email has 234 contacts) has a tangled web of their exponentially growing collection of pages on the world wide WEB, I can't even keep up with friends, family, colleagues...let alone my own pages, me.

*are they all true friends i see and talk to daily? no of course not

No comments: